Welcome to the website of Dr. Mitch Abblett. I am a licensed clinical psychologist, supervisor, consultant and trainer specializing in the treatment of children and adolescents with emotional and behavioral disorders. I conduct trainings nationally and internationally regarding the best practices for effectively working with difficult client interactions, as well as applications of mindfulness for enhancing professional and personal relationships. I am particularly interested in helping people learn to manage the "heat" of their professional and personal relationships in more effective ways and increase the authenticity and quality of their interactions. In this website, you'll learn about my clinical work and writing, as well as find descriptions and access to my consultation and training services.
Mitch Abblett, Ph.D. —
* A clinical psychologist and Clinical Director of Manville School at Judge Baker Children’s Center, a Harvard-affiliated agency with a long-standing, national reputation of service to the mental health needs of children
* Highly rated local, national and international trainer regarding relational aspects of professional work, with a focus on issues regarding management of counter-transference and proactive intervention skills with the most challenging clients
* Author of The Heat of the Moment in Treatment: Mindful Management of Difficult Clients, an acclaimed text for clinicians reviewed by prominent authors in the mindfulness and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy fields
* A consultant to private individuals and organizations regarding relational/interpersonal effectiveness
* A private practictioner focusing on psychotherapy with adolescents and adults
* Holds a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Florida State University, completing predoctoral internship training at the Boston Consortium in Clinical Psychology